Vendor Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Wasteless Market, an online marketplace provided by Wasteless Innovations Ltd., a company registered in England & Wales under company registration number 12582383, of registered office 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU.
We are passionate about environmental sustainability and through this marketplace, we promote products that meet our ethos.
Any decision as to whether to allow you to sell from The Site will be in our absolute discretion. We will review your business offering and we reserve the right to request further information and documentation from you, including product safety and regulatory information. In particular, to have a Storefront on Wasteless Market, your products must contribute to the fight against climate change, such as recycled, upcycled, compostable, biodegradable, carbon neutral, ethically sourced etc. Items shall be free from single-use plastic and dispatched to customers in plastic-free packaging, using eco-friendly tape to secure where necessary.
After approval, a Vendor's store will only be active on the Wasteless Market platform once products and shipping rates have been added and a Stripe account has been connected.
Vendor's shall include a packing slip, to be printed from the Vendor Dashboard with every order. Any material such as non-electronic direct-mail marketing with the dispatch of an order is not permitted, however, safety, care and assembly instructions for items are permitted as is your business postal address for returns and statutory complaints.
By including a packing slip with Wasteless Market information, you're helping to encourage buyers to return to Wasteless Market to shop at your store but also with other eco-friendly Vendors. Together we can serve more eco-conscious people and also fight climate change as one.
To print a packing slip, from your Vendor Dashboard click on the order number. In the top right hand side of the screen you will see a gear icon, where you can print the packing slip.
The Vendor shall not include within their store, on the messaging centre or anywhere on wastelessmarket.co.uk any direct links or reference to any other website, their own website, their email address, or anything in which a Buyer and Vendor could directly communicate other than using the Wasteless Market messaging centre.
Vendor’s must ensure that if required, their business is registered with a trading address within the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland and at their own expense, hold appropriate insurance in relation to their business.
Access to and Use of The Site
You may only sell on The Site if you are at least 18 years of age.
Our Marketplace is provided solely as an online platform for Buyers and Vendors. We are not a party to any transactions or other relationships between Buyers and Vendors. You hereby acknowledge and agree that:
- Buyers are not making purchases from us and are not entering into a contract with us. A Buyer’s purchase is from you, and their contract is with you.
- We will not be a party to any dispute between you and any Buyer or another Vendor. Any claims must be made directly against the party concerned. We will however step in and endeavour to assist with resolution of any dispute that arises where the parties are at deadlock.
- We pre-screen Vendors and any items that you advertise in listings on The Site, any amendments are the responsibility of the Vendor and we are not in any way responsible for any items sold or for the content of any listings; and while you are required to comply with these Terms for Vendors, which include provisions covering important matters such as payment methods, processing times, and delivery methods, we recognise that all Vendors are different and may not accept the same payment methods, process transactions within the same time frame, or offer the same delivery methods (or prices).
Loyalty Reward Program
The Wasteless Market loyalty reward program offers repeat Customer's loyalty points on every purchase. The given ratio is 1 point per £2 spent. A Customer is able redeem their points for a discount off their order. Any discount following the ratio above will be refunded back to the Vendors Stripe account. If a Vendor amends the points for their product, Wasteless Market will only refund according to the stated ratio above and any remaining points allowing a discount will be the responsibility of the Vendor.
What Cannot be Sold on The Site
The following are not permitted on wastelessmarket.co.uk: Items containing single-use plastic. Items that infringe copyright and/or are: adult and pornographic, illegal and dangerous, hazardous or alcoholic. We reserve the right to remove any listing that breaches the provisions of this Clause. In addition, we may also suspend or terminate your Account. All sums due will remain due and payable notwithstanding any suspension or termination for any reason.
Listing & Descriptions Policy
When selling on The Site, it is important that all listings and descriptions of items are truthful and accurate, and that all visual representations are true representations of what you are selling (as far as is reasonably possible). You agree that all listings submitted by you will comply with the following:
- Vendor’s must ensure that all information provided on their storefront is accurate, current and true.
- If an item is not new, it must not be described as such.
- If an item is used, the description must give as much detail as is reasonably possible about the age of the item, its condition, and any damage or defects.
- You may only describe something as being made or done by you if that is truly the case. If any other party is involved, your Listing must state and describe their involvement.
- Photographs must be of what you are selling and not stock photographs, photographs from other Vendors or websites, drawings, renderings, or other representations.
- If you are selling multiples of the same item (including, but not limited to, items made to order, customised versions of an item, or variations resulting in a similar but not identical product), you do not need to include photographs of every individual item, provided that your description sets out any variations that are likely to be made, stating that the photographs provided are examples only.
- Your listing must include delivery costs where it is possible.
- If you are offering items made or custom to order, provide full details of the options available to Buyers.
- If you are offering items made or custom to order and the price for those items will vary according to a Buyer’s requirements, include full details of pricing including, if possible, set prices for different versions of an item or, if this is not possible, a statement that pricing will vary according to the Buyer’s requirements.
- If you are offering items made or custom to order, you must provide reasonable estimates for the time required to make or customise such orders and use all reasonable efforts to ensure that you keep to such times.
- You must not use any content that belongs to other parties in your listings without their express permission.
- Your listing must not advertise alternate locations from which your items can be purchased, thereby avoiding our Marketplace fees.
- A Vendor may list their item in four categories only. Wasteless Market holds complete discretion as to which category is appropriate for the item.
- If an item is going to be listed as non-returnable, the ‘Returnable’ checkbox on the product page, under the Addons tab, must be unchecked, and included in the relevant product page description for the Buyer to clearly see.
Vendors will ensure that all communication with a Buyers and other users shall be made via the Wasteless Market messaging centre or via the order communication page and not include any reference to the Vendor's own website, email address, postal address or any other promotion of services that is not offered by or through wastelessmarket.co.uk. Vendors shall not send their own non-electronic direct-mail marketing with the dispatch of an order.
The messaging centre only allows text, but either party can send photos to Wasteless Market via email or Facebook messenger which are then added to the site and forwarded to the other party.
You are not permitted to contact Buyers and other users using any other method except with our express prior written permission and you must not, again without our express prior written permission, provide contact details to Buyers or other users.
Buyer Questions & Complaints
Vendor’s must respond to Buyer questions or complaints promptly and within 48 hours, Vendor’s will receive an email to advise them of a message, although as good practice, a Vendor should check their message centre and order communication in the Vendor Dashboard daily and must advise Wasteless Market of unresolved Buyer enquiries or complaints as soon as reasonably possible.
When a Customer places an order, Wasteless Market will send an email to the Vendor to inform them. It is the Vendor’s responsibility to check their Vendor Dashboard daily and not rely on emails due to any problems with email delivery that may arise. An email is sent to the customer thanking them for their purchase. The Vendor must change the order status to dispatched once the items have been shipped, and include any tracking number if available, the Customer will then receive an email to inform them that their item(s) are on the way. In the unfortunate circumstances that you are unable to fulfill an order and need to decline it via the order page, a Vendor must message Wasteless Market at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us of the reason, so that we can pass this on to the Customer.
Following acceptance of an order through the Vendor Dashboard, the Vendor must fulfill the Customer order as soon as reasonably practicable, ensuring that it reaches the Customer within the time frame specified on the product page. An exception to this clause is if a different time frame is agreed via the message center between a Vendor and Customer or delays with the carrier and due to no fault of the Vendor. A Vendor must also inform the Customer that they have received an item(s) to be refunded and when to expect a refund, which must be made within 14 days from the time the item(s) are received back to the Vendor.
When fulfilling an order, you warrant that you will not disclose or provide to the Buyer any direct contact information other than:
- your business postal address for returns and statutory complaints;
any opening, care and assembly instructions.
Intellectual Property Rights
Vendors must, at all times, respect the intellectual property rights of other Vendors on The Site. Under no circumstances may you use intellectual property belonging to another party without that party’s express permission. If you feel that another User (whether they are another Vendor or a Buyer or otherwise) has infringed your intellectual property rights in any way, please contact us at email@example.com.
If another party contacts us accusing you of infringing their intellectual property rights: We will contact you to inform you of the complaint; We may remove the User content that is the subject of the complaint. If you have questions regarding the complaint, or wish to challenge it, you must contact the complaining party. We will not be a party to any dispute concerning intellectual property and cannot assist in resolving such disputes. You are free to resubmit the User content in question if the complaint is resolved and you have the permission of the complaining party to do so (where it is required).
Acceptable Usage Policy
When using The Site, you must do so lawfully, fairly, and in a manner that complies with the provisions of this Clause. Specifically:
- That you comply fully with all local, national laws, and/or regulations (including but not limited to those which may apply to the item(s) you wish to sell);
- You must not use The Site in any way, or for any purpose, that is unlawful or fraudulent.
- You must not use The Site to knowingly send, upload, or in any other way transmit data that contains any form of virus or other malware, or any other code designed to adversely affect computer hardware, software, or data of any kind.
- You must not use The Site in any way, or for any purpose, that is intended to harm any person or persons in any way.
- You must always provide accurate, honest information about yourself and any and all items that you are selling on The Site.
- You must not charge excessively for delivery to Buyers.
- You must state the price of an item accurately and clearly, and must not change it in order to avoid paying the applicable Marketplace fees.
- You must not engage in any form of price fixing with other Users (including Vendors and Buyers).
- You must not use keyword spamming in product listings (the use or placement of words or details that are irrelevant to your items, so that listings will show up in search results).
When using The Site, you must not submit anything (including, but not limited to, material in a listing) or otherwise do anything that:
- Is sexually explicit.
- Is obscene, deliberately offensive, hateful, or otherwise inflammatory.
- Promotes violence.
- Promotes or assists in any form of unlawful activity; discriminates against, or is in any way defamatory of, any person, group, or class of persons; race; gender; religion; nationality; disability; sexual orientation; or age.
- Is intended or otherwise likely to threaten, harass, annoy, alarm, inconvenience, upset, or embarrass another person.
- Is intended or otherwise likely to infringe (or threaten to infringe) another person’s right to privacy or otherwise uses their personal data in a way that you do not have a right to.
- Misleadingly impersonates any person or otherwise misrepresents your identity or affiliation in a way that is calculated to deceive.
- Imply any form of affiliation with us where none exists.
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to The Site if you materially breach the provisions of this Clause or any of the other provisions of these Terms for Vendors. Further actions we may take include, but are not limited to: removing your Listing(s) from The Site; issuing you with a written warning; legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of any and all relevant costs resulting from your breach on an indemnity basis; further legal action against you as appropriate; any other actions which we deem reasonably necessary, appropriate, and lawful.
- We hereby exclude any and all liability arising out of any actions that we may take in response to breaches of these Terms for Vendors.
Listing Fees and Transaction Fees
Wasteless Market does not charge a listing fee and listing on wastelessmarket.co.uk is free. Upon a listing being approved, it will remain on The Site for 4 months from the date it is approved or until it is sold or removed, whichever comes first. A Marketplace fee of 9%+30p of the overall final transaction cost will apply to each sale. Any and all actions designed to avoid the payment of any fees described in these Terms for Vendors (including, but not limited to those described in sub-clauses) are strictly prohibited and could result in a Vendor store being closed.
Payment From Your Sales
All payments on The Site are made through the payment service provided by Stripe (https://stripe.com/gb), our third party payment service provider.
By using the payment service, you acknowledge and agree to sharing your personal information and/or information about your transactions on The Site with the third party payment service provider.
When a Buyer pays for an item, their payment will be credited to your Stripe Account immediately (minus Wasteless Market fees and Stripe’s payment gateway fee of 1.4% +20p). If a Buyer does not pay, you may cancel the transaction. Please refer to Clause Further Transaction Cancellation Rights for more information on your cancellation rights.
We will not make any Buyers’ payment details (including, but not limited to, card numbers, bank account numbers, and sort codes) available to you at any time, or for any reason. All payment details are held securely and shared only with Our Third Party Payment Service Provider.
It is your responsibility to collect and pay applicable taxes on any sales made through The Site. Where any tax, for example VAT, forms a part of the price of any item on The Site, the tax must be included in the price of the item.
Value added tax (“VAT”) may be charged to Buyers on purchases and to Vendors on fees payable to Us. If you are VAT registered, you may be required to charge VAT on the items that you sell on The Site. For further information on VAT and other taxes in your location, please contact your local tax authority.
Items shall be dispatched to customers in plastic-free packaging, using eco-friendly tape to secure where necessary. Vendors shall include a packing slip to be printed from their Vendor Dashboard.
You must dispatch items as soon as is reasonably possible upon receipt of payment from a Customer, taking into account the nature of the item(s) in question, preparation time and, where relevant, manufacturing time (if items are made or custom to order). Unless your Listing has stated otherwise, or unless the Customer has agreed otherwise, you shall dispatch items no later than 10 calendar days after the date on which the sale takes place.
Vendor’s should consider offering free shipping for your products, which can make them very appealing to those browsing The Site and increase your customer number and amount of purchases.
You must ensure that you dispatch items to the correct address provided by the Customer. It is your responsibility to ensure the address that you use exactly matches that provided by the Customer. If items dispatched do not reach the Customer due to an incorrect address provided by the Customer, it is the Customer’s responsibility and not yours.
You are free to determine the delivery charges for your items; however, delivery charges must be reasonable, not excessive, and must genuinely reflect the actual cost to you of delivering the item in question to the Buyer.
You are responsible for delivering items to Customers upon receipt of payment. It is strongly recommended that you obtain proof of postage or dispatch when dispatching items. Such proof will be important in the event that a Customer does not receive the item(s) from you.
Once an item has been dispatched to a Customer, you must inform them by adding a tracking number if available and changing the status of the order to Dispatched, the Customer will then receive an email to inform them. You must not change the order status of an item to dispatched until it actually has been.
The Site allows you to share tracking information obtained from a postal or delivery service with Buyers. By sharing such information, you are giving Us your permission to collect and use it to provide our service, and to share it with the Buyer.
You must comply with any and all applicable shipping regulations when delivering items to Buyers. It is your responsibility to check, be aware of, understand, and comply with all such regulations.
Buyers’ Rights to Cancel and Return Items
Online Customers have the right to cancel their order without providing a reason for a limited time even if the goods aren’t faulty ‘The cooling-off period’. A Vendor must offer a refund to the Buyer if they have told the Vendor within 14 days of receiving their goods that they want to cancel. The Buyer then has another 14 days to return the goods once they’ve told a Vendor.
When a Buyer cancels under the cooling-off period, you must issue a refund within 14 calendar days of the following:
- The day on which you receive the item(s) back; or
- The day on which the Buyer informs you (supplying evidence) that they have sent the item(s) back.
- If you have not yet dispatched the item(s), the day on which the Buyer informs you that they wish to cancel.
- You may make certain limited deductions from refunds under this Clause as follows:
- You may reduce a refund for any diminished value in an item resulting from the Buyer’s excessive handling of it (e.g. handling going beyond that which would be permitted in a shop).
- The cooling-off period does not apply in the following circumstances:
- If the item is sealed for health or hygiene reasons, and the Buyer has unsealed the item after receiving it.
- If the item is digital content and it has been downloaded or otherwise accessed by the Buyer.
- If the item is likely to deteriorate quickly, for example flowers or food.
- If the item has been personalised or made-to-order for the Buyer.
- If the item has been inseparably mixed with another item or other items (according to their nature) after the Buyer has received it.
If a Buyer exercises their right to cancel during the cooling-off period, they must inform the Vendor of that decision within that period. The Buyer may do so in any way they wish, however for convenience we provide a cancellation link on the order form on The Site. Cancellation by the communication link or messaging centre is also effective from the date on which the Buyer sends you their message. Please note that the cooling-off period lasts for 14 whole calendar days. If, for example, the Buyer makes contact by 23:59:59 on the final day of the cooling-off period, their cancellation will be valid and must be accepted.
The Buyer will be responsible for the costs of returning item(s) to the Vendor (unless the item does not comply with the UK Consumer Law), in which case, the Vendor is required to refund a standard shipping fee. The Vendor is responsible for the cost of Stripe fees and the transaction fee of 30p.
Problems with Transactions and Buyers’ Rights
By law, you must provide goods that are/is of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose, as described at the time of purchase, in accordance with any pre-contract information that you provide to the Buyer, and that matches any samples or models that you have shown to the Buyer (unless you have made the Buyer aware of any differences).
If items do not conform with the requirements outlined above and, for example, have faults or are damaged when the Buyer receives them, the Buyer must contact you as soon as reasonably possible to inform you of the problem. The following remedies will be available to the Buyer:
- Beginning on the day that the Buyer receives the item(s), if the item(s) is/are goods, the Buyer has a 30 calendar day right to reject them and to receive a full refund if they do not conform.
- If the Buyer does not wish to reject the item(s), if the 30 calendar day rejection period does not apply, or if it has expired, the Buyer may request a repair or replacement. You must pay the costs and must carry out the repair or replacement within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience to the Buyer. If either a repair or a replacement is impossible or disproportionately difficult, you may offer the Buyer the alternative option (i.e. a replacement instead of a repair or vice versa) or a full refund. If the Buyer requests a repair or replacement during the 30 calendar day rejection period, that period will be suspended while you carry out the repair or replacement and will resume on the day that the Buyer receives the replacement or repaired item(s). If less than 7 calendar days remain out of the original period, it will be extended to 7 calendar days.
- If, after a repair or replacement, the item(s) still do not conform (or if you cannot repair or replace it/them, as described above, or if you have failed to act within a reasonable time or without significant inconvenience to the Buyer), the Buyer may have the right to keep the item(s) at a reduced price, or to reject it/them in exchange for a refund.
- If the Buyer exercises the final right to reject the item(s) more than six months after receiving it/them, you may reduce any refund to reflect the use that the Buyer has had out of it/them.
Please note that Buyers will not be eligible to claim under this Clause in the following circumstances:
- The Vendor informs the Buyer of any fault(s), damage, or other problems with the item(s) before the Buyer purchases them and it is because of that/those same issue(s) that the Buyer subsequently wishes to return them:
- The Buyer has purchased the item(s) for an unsuitable purpose that is neither obvious nor made known to you and the problem has resulted from the Buyer’s use of the item(s) for that purpose; or the problem is the result of normal wear and tear, misuse, or intentional or careless damage.
- Refunds (whether full or partial, including reductions in price) under this Clause must be issued within 14 calendar days of the day on which you agree that the Buyer is entitled to a refund.
- Any and all refunds under this Clause must include all delivery costs paid by the Buyer when the item(s) was/were originally purchased. Please note that the Vendor is only required to refund the Standard delivery cost.
- A Vendor must inform Wasteless Market as soon as reasonably possible about any claim against Wasteless Market or the Vendor due to defective products or a failure by the Vendor to ensure that the products are appropriately marked or certified in accordance with United Kingdom laws and regulations. Vendor’s shall hold harmless and indemnify Wasteless Innovations Ltd against any losses, liabilities, costs, damages and claims arising out of or relating to this Clause.
Further information on legal rights can be obtained from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
Further Transaction Cancellation Rights
You have the right to cancel a transaction and issue a full refund of any sums paid (including delivery charges) in the following circumstances:
You and the Buyer have mutually agreed to cancel the transaction before the item(s) is/are dispatched.
You and the Buyer have mutually agreed to cancel the transaction following receipt by the Buyer of the item(s) and the Buyer has returned the item(s) to you.
The Buyer has not paid or you have chosen to refuse service to the Buyer.
Refunds must be made within 14 days of either:
- The date on which you and the Buyer agree the cancellation.
- The date on which you inform the Buyer that you are cancelling the transaction.
Your Account Cancellation Rights
You may close your Account and cancel your agreement with us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any outstanding sums due and payable to us (including, but not limited to, Marketplace fees and transaction fees) will remain payable and your Account will not be fully closed until all sums due to us have been paid.
Our Liability to You
As stated, we are not a party to any transactions, other relationships, or disputes between Buyers and Vendors. We will be responsible for any foreseeable loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of our breach of these Terms for Vendors or as a result of our negligence. To the fullest extent permissible by law, we will not be liable to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, interruption to business, or for any loss of business opportunity.
Nothing in these Terms for Vendors seeks to limit or exclude consumers’ legal rights. For more details of consumers’ legal rights, please refer to your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
Events Outside of Our Control (Force Majeure)
We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing our obligations to you where that failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond our reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, industrial action by third parties, civil unrest, fire, explosion, flood, storms, earthquakes, subsidence, acts of terrorism, acts of war, governmental action, epidemic or other natural disaster, or any other event that is beyond our reasonable control.
If any event described under this Clause occurs that is likely to adversely affect our performance of any of our obligations to you:
- We will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible.
- Our obligations under these Terms for Vendors will be suspended and any time limits that we may be bound by will be extended accordingly.
- We will inform you when the event outside of our control is over and provide details of any new dates, times, or availability of services as necessary.
Communication and Contact Details
If you wish to contact us with general questions or complaints, for matters relating to The Site including, but not limited to, these Terms for Vendors, transactions, Buyers, and other Vendors or For matters relating to cancellations, you may contact us by by email at email@example.com
All personal information that we may use will be collected, processed, and held in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights under the GDPR.
If a Vendor and us are found to be joint data controllers of any Buyers’ personal data, and we are sued, fined, or otherwise incur any expense because of something you have done with a Buyer’s personal data, you agree to indemnify us for any expenses incurred by us in connection with your actions in respect of that personal data. Further details of the requirements of the GDPR can be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Other Important Terms
Wasteless Innovations Ltd has absolute discretion as to the look, feel and content, including all Storefronts on The Site.
We may transfer (assign) our obligations and rights under these Terms for Vendors to a third party (this may happen, for example, if we sell our business). If this occurs, you will be informed by us in writing. Your rights under these Terms for Vendors will not be affected and our obligations under these Terms for Vendors will be transferred to the third party who will remain bound by them.
You may not transfer (assign) your obligations and rights under these Terms for Vendors without our express written permission.
If any of the provisions of these Terms for Vendors are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any court or other authority, that/those provision(s) shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms for Vendors. The remainder of these Terms for Vendors shall be valid and enforceable.
If you have applied for an account with Wasteless market and your account has been approved, a period of 60 days will be given to allow you to set up your Store. If after the 60 day period, your account is deemed inactive, we have the right to automatically delete the account. You would then need to reapply if you you wish to sell on wastelessmarket.co.uk.
No failure or delay by us in exercising any of our rights under these Terms for Vendors means that we have waived that right, and no waiver by us of a breach of any provision of these Terms for Vendors means that we will waive any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
We may revise these Terms for Vendors from time to time in response to changes in relevant laws and other regulatory requirements.
Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions, and the relationship between you and us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the law of England & Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland.
If you are a consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law in your country of residence. Nothing in the Clause above takes away or reduces your rights as a consumer to rely on those provisions.
If you are a consumer, any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between you and us relating to these Terms For Vendors, or the relationship between you and us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland, as determined by your residency.
If you are a business, any disputes concerning these Terms For Vendors, the relationship between you and us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the non exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland.